All new students are required to complete a screening process for entry. This is imperative so that we can best serve each individual student and align activities to meet their unique learning needs.
Once the online pre-registration process has been submitted for the student, a call will be made by school personnel to set up the screening appointment.
At the screening, the student will meet with all of our in-house therapists and a teacher to be tested to ensure he/she is on track developmentally in all areas including academic, speech and physical. If there are any deficiencies, the student may be recommended for further evaluation.
State assessments occur in the fall and spring each year. The Early Learning Assessment (ELA) looks at all areas of child development through play-based assessments. Each assessment given meets the child right where they are so no accommodations or modifications are needed for your child. Results of the assessment are shared on the quarterly report cards.
- I have concerns about my preschooler, how do I have them evaluated?
- What is the screening process?
- What will I know at the end of the screening process?
- How will my child be assessed?
- How do you determine if my child is eligible for preschool services?
- How will my child receive services if they qualify?